THE FIVE BEHAVIORS OF A COHESIVE TEAM™
BASED ON THE BEST-SELLING BOOK THE FIVE DYSFUNCTIONS OF A TEAM,
BY PATRICK LENCIONI
COHESIVE, HIGH-PERFORMING TEAMS MUST:
- TRUST ONE ANOTHER
When team members are genuinly transparent and honest with one another they are able to build vulnerability-based trust.
- ENGAGE IN CONFLICT AROUND IDEAS
When there is trust team members are able to engage in unfiltered construtive debate of ideas.
- COMMIT TO DECISIONS
When team members are able to offer opinions and debate ideas, they will be more likely to commit to decisions.
- HOLD ONE ANOTHER ACCOUNTABLE
When everyone is committed to a clear plan of action, they will be more willing to hold one another accountable.
- FOCUS ON ACHIEVING COLLECTIVE RESULTS
The ultimate goal of building greater trust, conflict, commitment, and accountability is one thing: the achievement of results.
What does this program do?
The program helps teams understand how, as a team, they score on key components of The Five Behaviors model: trust, conflict, commitment, accountability and results. Each individual will also understand their own DiSC style D: Dominance, i: Influence, S: Steadiness and C: Conscientiousness, and how their style contributes to the team's overall success.
Who is for?
This program is designed exclusively for intact teams and work groups. The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team harnesses the power of Everything DiSC and the clarity and simplicity of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team model.
How does it work?
The Five Behaviors Model is used to help team members learn to work together more efficiently and effectively and become a more cohesive team. A productive, high-functioning team:
- Makes better, faster decisions
- Taps intothe skills and opinions of all members
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of lack of buy-in
- Creates a competitive advantage
- Is more fun to be on!